For Faculty, myON includes a Demo Student feature so that you can explore myON as a student would. This can help you to learn how students use myON or to answer students' questions without needing to use an actual student account.
Follow these steps to use the Demo Student feature:
- Select View Demo Student in the purple bar at the top of the page.
- You'll see a Welcome message. Note the selected grade level. If you have a student grade level set in your user information, that grade is selected. If necessary, change the grade. The grade you select affects the user controls that you see as the Demo Student and the recommended books.
When you're ready to continue, select Confirm and View Demo. (If you decide not to continue, select Go Back.)
- Next you'll see the main myON page for students.
Most of what you see will be the same as what a student sees, but a few things are different:
- At the top of the page, you'll see a message on a blue background, reminding you that you're viewing myON as a student.
- In the Projects section of the page, you'll see a list of all the projects you have created; students only see the projects that are assigned to them.
- In the Join Group section of the page, if you hover over the Join button, you'll see a message explaining how students join groups.
- If your subscription includes myON placement tests, instead of taking a test, you can select Finish Setup to open a tour of the myON placement test. Select Continue in each of the steps to see more; select Got It on the last step to close the tour.
Just like a student, you can see the last book you opened on the left side of the page, and you can select it to open the book again. Further down the page, you'll see recommended books and books that you have opened recently.
At the top of the page, select Library to find and open books just as a student would. Book recommendations are based on the grade you selected when you selected View Demo Student. If you select Favorites & Bundles, you'll see the books you have added and the bundles you have set up as a teacher.
Select News to read news stories and take quizzes.
If you select Projects at the top of the page, you'll see a list of all the projects that you have created. You can select a project to see the tasks just as students see them (for more information, see How to Complete Projects (Students)).
When you're ready to leave demo mode, select Exit demo mode in the top right corner of the page (in the blue bar).