We value your students' privacy. All images in this article were produced with simulated data.
The District and School Profiles provide an overview of data with the opportunity to drill down for more detail. The District Profile gives you a summary for all schools; the School Profile gives you data for a specific school.
What Tiles Will I See?
You will see tiles for the following:
|Star Early Literacy
|Star CBM Reading and Star CBM Math
|Star CBM Lectura
* Star Reading, Star Math, and Star Early Literacy data and Star CBM benchmark data are for the most recent district screening window. Star data in Renaissance Analytics includes students who have taken a Star test and gotten a benchmark score in a district screening window. Only tests taken in a district screening window are shown, and only for schools that use the district screening windows. If students have taken more than one test in a district screening window, only the most recent test is included for benchmark metrics.
** Accelerated Reader Active Students and Quiz Proficiency data, myON Active Students and Average Minutes Read, Freckle data, Lalilo data, and Star CBM Students Assessed data are based on the past 28 days.
For more information about the data, see the following:
- Star Scores in Renaissance Analytics
- Accelerated Reader Data in Renaissance Analytics
- myON Data in Renaissance Analytics
- Freckle Data in Renaissance Analytics
- Lalilo Data in Renaissance Analytics
- Star CBM Data in Renaissance Analytics
You can use metric visibility settings to hide any metrics that you don't want to see.
What's On the Tiles?
Each tile includes the title of the metric and the metric.
Clicking on the icons at the bottom of each tile allows you to gain additional insight into each metric.
The "Overall" icon shows the default tile view, which is described above.
The Demographics view shows you student performance by demographic category. After you select this icon, use the drop-down list on the tile to choose the demographic that you'd like to see data for. In the graph, you can choose a bar to see a list of students in the category.
The trendline shows data trends. For Star Reading, Star Math, and Star Early Literacy data and Star CBM benchmark data, the trendline shows scores for each district screening window over two school years. For Student Growth Percentile, the trendline shows SGP growth rates for window-to-window time periods over two school years. For Accelerated Reader, myON, Freckle, and Lalilo, and for Star CBM students assessed, data points are shown for 28-day time periods over two school years.
The performance levels icon shows multiple categories of performance for the metric, with the percentage of students in each category.
- For Star students assessed, the performance levels show how many students have not been assessed, have been assessed at least once, and have been assessed more than once.
- For Star proficiency and Star CBM benchmark data, benchmark categories are shown.
- For Student Growth Percentile, you will see low, typical, and high growth categories.
- For Star CBM students assessed data, categories are based on the number of assessments students have completed.
- For Accelerated Reader data, Active Students categories are based on the number of quizzes taken, and Quiz Proficiency categories are based on overall average quiz scores; performance levels are not available for Quizzes Passed School Year to Date.
- For myON data, Active Student categories are based on the number of students who have opened books; other metrics do not have performance levels.
- For Freckle data, Active Students categories are based on the number of sessions completed, and accuracy is based on their overall scores.
- For Lalilo data, Active Students categories are based on the number of exercises completed, performance levels are based on the number of minutes practiced, and performance status is based on whether students are on track.
If you hover over a category, you can see the number of students in that category.
The school rankings icon allows you to see the data for the five highest-ranking or lowest-ranking schools based on performance on the metric (use the drop-down list to choose whether to see the highest or lowest schools). This icon is only available on the District Profile. If you click a school name, you will go to the School Profile for that school.
You can filter the data shown in the tiles by demographic information, by school level, or by school region using the Filter By drop-down list at the top of the page. In the example below, the data would be filtered to students in grade 3.
Exploring the Data Further
If you need to do a more in-depth analysis, select Explore, which allows you to see up to five years of Star data (if available) and up to two years of Accelerated Reader, myON, Freckle, Lalilo, and Star CBM data. You can see longitudinal data by different groups of students (e.g., primary ethnicity or other student data if that data has been added for students in Renaissance software). On the District Profile, Explore is available to those who have access to all schools.