Building Administrators follow the steps below to add or remove a student from a faculty member's roster or from a group.
If your district uses Clever or another automated rostering option to synchronize myON students and rosters with your student information system, do not edit faculty rosters manually. Instead, contact your administrator if you have any changes. You can edit group membership within myON.
- Log into myON as a Building Administrator.
- On the main page (dashboard), click My School, then Rosters/Groups.
- In the lists on this page you will see all faculty rosters within your building and the groups that you have created. Click the name of the faculty roster or the group that you would like to edit.
Note: There is currently no option available to reassign or change the faculty member for an existing roster.
- Next, click Assign in the top right corner of the roster or group page.
- To delete current students assigned to the roster or group, move the mouse over the student's name in the list on the left and select the X. You will see the word "removed" next to that student. Select Apply.
A message will open, asking if you are sure you want to remove the student(s). Click Yes.
- To add students, use the tabs on the right side of the window to find students that you want to add to the roster:
- On the Search tab, you can use the search field to search for students in the building by name, ID, or user name. Matching students will be listed as you type. To add one, hover over the student's name, then select + next to the student's name; to add all students in the results, check Select All under the list.
- On the Building tab, use the drop-down list to choose the building that you want to add students from. To add one of the students to the roster, hover over the student's name, then select + next to that student; to add all students in the results, check Select All under the list.
- On the Grade tab, use the drop-down list to select a grade. To add one of the students to the roster, hover over the student's name, then select + next to that student; to add all students in the results, check Select All under the list.
Note: If you are editing a group you created (not a roster), you will also see a Rosters/Groups tab. On that tab, you can search for students who are already in your groups.
On all of the tabs, students that you add to the roster or group are shown as "Added" in the list on the left (see Jessica Sanders in the last example above). As you search for students in the tabs, students who were in the roster before you selected Assign are marked "Already included."
When you're done adding or removing students, select Apply in the bottom right corner of the window.
- The changes you made will be reflected in the roster or group list. Click Save near the top right section of the page. If you do not click Save, your changes will not be saved.
Please note that groups cannot be created for other faculty at the Building Administrator level. Building Administrators can only create their own groups.