These topics apply to Faculty using myON.
- How to log in to myON / who to contact for user name / password issues
- Attempting to log in - get "License is Expired" message
- School name does not appear on drop-down list
Creating, understanding, and managing classes and groups
- How to view rosters (Faculty)
- How to assign students to your roster (Faculty)
- How to download my roster (Faculty)
- Generating roster list
- How to create groups (Faculty)
- How to join groups (Students)
- How to assign students to groups (Faculty)
- How to remove students from rosters and groups (Faculty)
- How to edit groups (Faculty)
- How to delete groups (Faculty)
Creating and managing user accounts, and understanding how different roles affect those accounts
- How to change your information and avatar
- How to change the language in myON
- How to create student accounts (Faculty)
- Specialists are now Faculty in myON
- How to edit user information in myON (Faculty)
Your license determines whether your school uses myON placement assessments with Star assessments as available or whether it uses Lexile® assessments.
- Understanding placement test functionality
- Allowing students to retake myON placement assessments
- Linking Star scores to student records in myON
- myON Reader Lexile® Assessments
- Star Score
- ATOS ZPD
- Fastbridge Scores
- Can teachers help students complete interest inventory?
- How long does the interest inventory take?
- How to change interest inventory choices (Student)
- What does myON do with the results of the interest inventory?
All about the books and other content in the myON library
- Determining the reading level of a book
- Where do ratings and reviews for books come from?
- Are the books in the Browse tab within a student's range?
- Using filters when searching
- Favorites and Book Bundles
- How to find books by standard
- What are high/low books?
- Recently added book collection only displaying 1/2 of available books
- How do you change what language to read books in?
Student and Family Engagement Resources
A collection of time-saving handouts, templates, tips, strategies, and materials to support schools and districts that are implementing myON
- Tips for Engaging Families with myON
- Checklist and Sample Agenda: Family Literacy Event
- Slide Presentation: Family Engagement & myON
Book Reader, Literacy Tools, and Settings
The book reader/player, its settings, options, and usage, and literacy tools
- Book reader and literacy tools
- Recording students reading aloud
- How to use the dictionary
- How to view student reading tools entries (Faculty)
- Audio options
- Audio not heard when reading books in myON
- Viewing your activity
- Where do students see book reviews?
- Viewing/administering book reviews
- Understanding student data handling
- Can myON books be exported?
- myON navigation options
Issues and usage pertaining to all the myON mobile apps for mobile devices
- How do I read books offline with the myON app?
- Books will not fully load on app
- Problems linking account to myON Chrome app
- How can I download books onto the app?
- How does the myON mobile app work?
End of book quizzes
- How book quizzes work in myON
- How to turn off myON book quizzes (Faculty)
- Students are unable to take end of book quiz
- Accelerated Reader quizzes in myON
Renaissance myON News™, powered by News-O-Matic
Creating, finding, sharing, and maintaining myON projects and their tasks and settings
- How to create projects (Faculty)
- How to assign projects (Faculty)
- How students complete projects
- Determining project completion
- Entering comments on writing tasks and overseeing peer reviews (Faculty)
- How to add books to projects from the library
- How to edit projects (Faculty)
- How to copy a project from the cloud
- Limiting project access/visibility (Faculty)
- How can I remove (unassign) projects from students?
- How to delete projects (Faculty)
Sample Units of Study
- The Seasons of Weather
- I Survived!
- Fighting for Your Life Cycle
- Count on Sports
- Money $ense
- Get on Stage for American History!
- What's for Dinner?
- Everybody Helping Our Community
Dashboard and Reports
Getting your data from the Faculty dashboard and myON reports
- How to view the Faculty dashboard (Faculty)
- What type of data is shown on each report?
- How to view reports (Faculty)
- Obtaining assistance with using myON
- How to provide comments/suggestions regarding myON
- How to contact myON support
Understanding aspects of usage data such as "Books Opened" and "Books Read," and the different ways to see that information (also see Reports above)
- How to view the Faculty Dashboard (Faculty)
- Student's data not updating (after reading on a tablet)
- What happens if a student doesn't finish a book?
- Books opened and books read do not match on student dashboard
What are book collections, and what books should I see in the library