Teachers and students need to know how to find out if a book is at an appropriate reading level before starting the book.
To find the reading level of a book, students click the book cover and select the Info button to open the book information window. If students are using the list view, they select or the book title to open the book information window.
Teachers can see the ATOS book level of the book. In the first example below, the book has an ATOS level of 4.7. Teachers who are using the list view (see the second example below) will also see the recommended grade levels. To see other reading levels for the book, the teacher can select the title or book cover to open the book information window.
In the book information window, you will see the the publisher-recommended grades, the Lexile® measure (MetaMetrics), and the ATOS book level.
To see other information:
- Click the i (or Details) button.
Note: If the i isn't available, you may be viewing the software in a smaller screen or window - try a device with a larger screen, or increase the size of your browser window.
- In addition to the ATOS book level and publisher-recommended grades, this view includes information about the book itself. It also includes the following:
- AR Points (Accelerated Reader Points)
- AR Quiz (Accelerated Reader Quiz number)
- myON Quiz availability (yes or no)
- Guided Reading measure (For more information, see https://www.capstonepub.com/classroom/resources/leveling/)