As a District Administrator, you can follow the steps below to access, customize, and generate reports to view your students' data.
The reports in myON measure student reading activity and growth and content popularity and usage.
- From your administrator dashboard (main page), click My District, then Reports.
- Choose the Scope. The options available depend on the report you have selected.
|Reports||Scope Options Available||What the Options Do|
On-Target Lexile Reading
|Students in Building||Includes every student in the building you select. Shows each student’s specific data.|
|Grades in Building||Gives you totals or averages (depending on the metric) for each grade in the selected building. Only grade data is shown, not individual student data.|
|All Grades||Gives you totals or averages (depending on the metric) for each grade in all buildings. Only grade data is shown, not individual student data.|
|Faculty Rosters in Building||Gives you totals or averages (depending on the metric) for each Faculty roster in the selected building. Only roster data is shown, not individual student data.|
|All Buildings||Gives you totals or averages (depending on the metric) for each building. Only building data is shown, not individual student data.|
Most Popular Books
Most Popular Categories
|Students in Building||Includes overall data for all students in the selected building (not individual student data) for each day, book, category, or news article (depending on the report).|
|Students in Grade||Includes overall data for all students in the selected grade (not individual student data) for each day, book, category, or news article (depending on the report).|
|Extended User Activity
myON with Star
|Students in Building||Includes every student in the selected building. Shows each student’s specific data.|
|All Buildings||Gives you a spreadsheet file in .csv format that includes every student in all buildings. Shows each student's specific data.|
|Point in Time School Summary||All Grades||Shows overall metrics for all grades in the building you select or in all buildings (if you select All Buildings in the second drop-down list).|
|Select a Grade and Select a Building||Select All Grades or a specific grade and All Buildings or a specific building. Shows overall metrics for the selections you make.|
In this example, you will see data across multiple schools:
In this example, you will see data within one school:
- Select a Date Range for the report. Note: It can take 24 – 48 hours for all reading data to matriculate successfully into reports. This is due to a number of reasons, including offline data that uploads regularly from students using the app.
- Click Run Report on the right side of the page. (If you select the Extended User Activity Report and All Buildings, you will have a Download Report option instead that downloads a .csv file.)
- For many reports, the first thing you will see is a Summary for the report; for some, you will see another visualization. In the top right corner of the Summary box, use the drop-down list to choose a different visualization of the report, which may allow you to see different data. The options that are available depend on the report that you are viewing.
Below that, you will see the report itself. (The Point-In-Time School Summary shows the summary only.) You can customize how the data is displayed on the report. For reports with goals, use the drop-down list to choose whether to see and set your goals or to see goals set by others; click here for more information about goals. Click column headers to sort the report by the data in the selected column. The example below shows the Core Report.
- To download the report as a .csv file, click Download Report in the bottom left corner of the page. The .csv file will include the body of the report, but not the Summary data at the top of the page.
For the Point-In-Time School Summary, select Download Report to see a summary by week for all included grades. Select Download Source Data to see a weekly summary for each grade included in the report.
If you want to save a copy of the report, choose the browser's print option and choose to print or save to PDF instead of a printer. (Note that this setting is saved for the next time you print.)
For more information about the reports, see What Type of Data is Shown on Each Report?.