The Account Options allow District Administrators to control settings for assessments, library/book management, user management, and the school year.
Follow these steps to change the account options:
- Log in to myON as the District Administrator.
- Click on My District, then Account, and then the Account Options tab.
- Make your changes as needed. For more about the settings, see the information below. When you have finished, click Save in the upper right-hand corner.
Account Option Settings
Sets when students can take placement or Lexile® assessments - any time of day, or between the times you specify on Monday through Friday only.
These settings allow you to control the availability of books based on their recommended grade-level range and students' grade levels. You can choose whether to do the following:
- Decide which grades are allowed to read books that are above their grade level (based on the recommended grade levels for each myON book). If you want to restrict reading above grade level, use the drop-down list to choose the lowest grade level that is allowed to read books above their level; in the example below, grade 3 is selected. The check box lets you decide whether building administrators are allowed to change the setting for their own schools.
- Set whether building administrators are allowed to set a minimum grade level for individual myON books in their school on the Books tab of the building's Account page. If this box is not checked, the District Administrator can still set minimum grade levels that apply to all schools.
- Choose whether faculty can assign books in their projects that are above students' grade levels. This allows students to read the books as part of a project, even if the books would normally be restricted for the students. A second check box lets you decide whether building administrators are allowed to change the setting for their own schools.
Choose whether building administrators are allowed to choose which book collections are available in their building. If this is not allowed, all collections are available to all schools.
Rotating Banner (US Sites)
Choose whether students will see a rotating banner of books showcased for the month on the Recommended tab in the myON library. Each month, there are two rotating banners of books - one for grades pre-K to grade 5 and one for grades 6 to 12. A second check box lets you decide whether building administrators are allowed to change the setting for their own schools. Note: The rotating banner is not available in some locations. Note that this setting only affects whether students and teachers see the banner; administrators will continue to see it regardless of the setting.
Set whether the projects that users in your districts share will be shared only in your district or with all myON users, regardless of district. Even if you don't allow sharing, users in your district can still find projects that myON or other users have shared in the cloud.
Set whether building administrators and faculty can create new users, or whether only district administrators may do so. If allowed, building administrators can create faculty users and students; faculty can create new students.
Set the start date for your district's myON school year. You can use the default (July 1) or a custom date. If you choose a custom date, when you select the date field, a calendar will open, and you can choose the date in the calendar. The date that you enter will be the start of the new school year every year; on that date, students and faculty will begin working in a new school year.