In the Student Characteristics and School Groups settings, you can choose which filters are visible to users when you select a metric on dashboards, and you can add or change categories.
Who can do this?
Renaissance Analytics Administrators
Review and Group Student Characteristics
It will take 24 hours for configuration changes to take effect.
To navigate to the settings, select the user icon, then select Settings in the pop-up menu.
On the settings page, the Metric Visibility settings are selected by default. To manage student characteristics and information, select Student Characteristics.
On the left side of the page, you will see a list of the student information that is available, and the first one (Current Grade Level) will be selected. Select the student characteristic that you want to see or change the settings for.
Note: Student breakdowns reflect the information that you have entered in Renaissance software (gender, characteristics, etc.). If the information has not been entered for students, it will not be available in Renaissance Analytics.
For the selected breakdown, you can do the following:
- Decide whether the breakdown should be one of the available filters or bar graph views when you select a metric tile. To set this, use the toggle in the top right corner:
Note that it can take up to 24 hours for your change to take effect.
- Group student characteristics into your own categories (this does not apply to characteristics that are binary and do not have categories):
- To create a new category, select New Category to the right of the last category. Enter the category name, choose whether to make it the default category, and select Update.
- To edit a category, select the pencil icon to the right of the category name. IN the Edit Category window, you can change the category name or choose to make it the default category; then, select Update.
- To delete a category, select x to the right of the category name.
- To move a value from one category to another, first check the value in its category. Then, in the Move drop-down list above the categories, select the new category to move that value to. Select the Move button to finish moving the value.
School Level and School Region
To see School Levels (such as elementary, middle, and high) and School Region, select School Groups toward the top of the page.
When School Level is selected on the left side of the page, you can add, edit, and remove school categories and move schools between categories just as you manage student information categories and values in Student Characteristics.
When School Region is selected on the left, you can add, edit, and remove region categories and assign schools to them just as you manage categories for school levels and student characteristics.